One of the biggest draws of the Spotify Premium subscription is the ability to download songs and podcasts so that you can listen to them on a plane or in a car when you don’t have Internet. But you might be wondering how to enable the Spotify Offline Mode iPhone setting if you haven’t used it on your Apple device before.
- Going into Offline Mode in Spotify on your iPhone will stop the Spotify app from using cellular data, but it won’t stop other apps. You can enable Airplane Mode to accomplish that.
- Once you are in Offline Mode, you can only listen to content that you have already downloaded. You can download a playlist by selecting it from your library, opening the playlist’s menu, then tapping the download button.
- Spotify will periodically need to check with the Spotify servers to ensure that your subscription is still active. However, this only needs to occur every 30 days, so you simply need to exit Offline Moder at least once every 3 days.
How to Activate the iPhone 11 Offline Spotify Mode
- Open the Spotify app.
- Select the Home tab.
- Touch the gear icon at the top-right.
- Select the Playback option.
- Tap the button to the right of Offline to enable it.
Our guide continues below with additional information on how to turn on the Spotify Offline Mode iPhone setting, including pictures of these steps.
The Spotify streaming service, which you can access through the Spotify app on your iPhone, includes an Offline Mode for Premium subscribers.
Spotify’s Offline Mode allows you to download playlists directly to your iPhone so that you can listen to that content even when you don’t have an Internet connection.
You can manually activate Offline Mode in the Spotify iPhone app, although the means for doing so is not immediately obvious.
Our guide below will show you how to enable Offline Mode in Spotify on your iPhone.
For more information about ways to change the settings in the Spotify iPhone app, our guide on turning Spotify mono audio on or off can help you choose the sound option that you prefer.
How to Turn On Offline Mode in the Spotify App on an iPhone 11
The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 11 in iOS 13.4. I am using the most current version of the Spotify app that was available when this article was written.
If you would like to use the offline mode but you don’t see it when you are in the app, then you may not have a Premium Spotify account. You can visit their site here for more information on what Premium means, what it costs, and the added features you receive.
Step 1: Launch Spotify on your iPhone.
Step 2: Select the Home tab at the bottom-left of the screen.
Step 3: Tap the gear icon at the top-right of the screen.
Step 4: Choose the Playback tab.
Step 5: Tap the button to the right of Offline to activate it.
Once you have enabled Offline Mode in Spotify on your iPhone you will only be able to listen to the content that you have already made available for offline playback.
Find out how to delete a playlist in the Spotify iPhone app if you no longer listen to it, or if you are simply trying to clean up your library.
Matt Jacobs has been working as an IT consultant for small businesses since receiving his Master’s degree in 2003. While he still does some consulting work, his primary focus now is on creating technology support content for SupportYourTech.com.
His work can be found on many websites and focuses on topics such as Microsoft Office, Apple devices, Android devices, Photoshop, and more.