- By learning how to bold text in emails on an iPhone 11 you are also going to see some other formatting options, such as italics and underlines.
- You can use a similar method to bold text in other iPhone apps such as Notes.
- There is a separate method for making all of the text on your iPhone bolder that can be found in the Settings app. Simply go to Settings > Display & Brightness and enable the Bold Text option.
- Open the Mail app.
- Select the Compose button at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Enter the recipient address, a subject, and type your email message.
- Tap on a word that you want to bold, then choose the Select option.
- Move the sliders to select the rest of the text, then tap the BIU button.
- Select the Bold option to apply the bold formatting to the selected text.
You are likely comfortable with the keyboard on your iPhone that appears when you do things like type text messages and send emails.
But some of the apps on the Apple smartphone that use that keyboard have some other ways that you can enter and format text. Our guide below is going to show you how to select text in an email and make that text bold.
How to Create Bold Text in an Email on an iPhone 11
The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 11 in iOS 13.4. This will also work on many other iOS devices, including things like the iPad Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro and some iPod Touch models. Note that you can use this method to create bold text, underline text and italicize text in places like Mail and the Notes app.
Step 1: Open Mail.
Step 2: Tap the Compose button.
Step 3: Enter all of the information for the email, including the text that you wish to make bold.
Step 4: Tap once on a word then choose the Select option, or double-tap on a work to select the word automatically.
Step 5: Touch the BIU button.
Step 6: Select the Bold option.
Additional Information on How to Bold Text in Emails on an iPhone 11
- There are keyboard shortcuts above the letter keys when you are typing your email message, including an Aa button that lets you bold text and perform additional options, such as change the font size.
- If you elect to apply the Bold text option under Text Size on the Display & Brightness menu it will make your text bolder in a number of locations, including any iMessages that you send, webpages that you view in Safari, and the names under app icons on your Home screen.
- Applying bold text or changing the Text Size from that menu can have a pretty big impact of the layout on Web pages and on the menus on your device.
Find out how to remove the iPhone email signature if you don’t wish to include that information in all of the email messages that you send from the device.