The steps in this guide are going to show you how to turn off email notifications on your iPhone 11. This means that your device will be set to now allow notifications for new emails that you receive in the default Mail app.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select the Notifications option.
- Scroll down and choose Mail.
- Tap the button to the right of Allow Notifications to turn them off.
Your iPhone can show you a number of different types of information concerning the apps on the device. In the case of the iOS Mail app, this includes a handful of different email notifications for any email account that you have set up on the device. This includes any compatible type of email account, such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, many types of work email accounts, and more.
There are various types of notifications associated with the Apple Mail app, such as those that appear on the lock screen, as banners at the top of the screen, in the Notification Center, and even the white number in the red circle on the Mail icon itself. The steps below are going to show you how to turn off all of the those notifications for all of your email accounts, or individually for each one that you have.
How to Turn off iPhone Email Notifications for New Emails in iOS 13
The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 11 in iOS 13.1.3. However these same steps will work on other Apple iPhone models, some iPad models, and most recent versions of iOS.
Step 1: Tap the Settings icon.
Step 2: Choose the Notifications option.
Step 3: Scroll down and touch the Mail option.
Step 4: Tap the button to the right of Allow Notifications to turn off all types of notifications for new messages that come to the Mail app, or select an individual account and customize the mail notification settings for that specific account instead.
- As mentioned above, if you have multiple email accounts on your iPhone and only want to turn off notifications for some of them, then you can select individual accounts instead in Step 4 above.
- The badge app icon is the white number in the red circle that appears on the Mail app icon itself. That number indicates the number of unread email messages combined for all of the mail accounts on the device for which that notification option is enabled.
- The notifications settings adjusted above are for the specific app itself. This won’t affect the notification settings for other apps, such as the ones you receive in the Messages app when you get new text messages.
- At the bottom of the screen in the Mail notification settings is a VIP option. If you have added specific contacts as VIPs on your iPhone, then emails that you receive from those individuals will use the VIP notification settings rather than ones for the email account to which the email message was sent.
Find out how to disable the passcode on your iPhone 11 if you would prefer not to have it as a security option on your device.