This guide is going to explain what happens when you put your iPhone into “Do Not Disturb” mode. We will also show you where to find this option so that you can customize it as needed.
What Happens When I Put My iPhone Into Do Not Disturb Mode?
The following changes occur to your iPhone when Do Not Disturb is active:
- Phone calls won’t make sounds
- You won’t receive notifications
- You won’t receive alerts
- The screen won’t illuminate when the device is locked
- The iPhone won’t vibrate
The Do Not Disturb mode on your iPhone is a great way to get some peace and quiet if your phone is buzzing and chirping all day. By enabling Do Not Disturb mode on the device you are silencing the sounds and notifications that typically occur when the device isn’t in that mode.
You have the ability to manually enable Do Not Disturb mode on the iPhone, but you can also configure it to activate on a schedule. So, for example, if you want some peace and quiet during the night, you could choose to enable Do Not Disturb from 8 PM to 7 AM.
How to Put the iPhone Into Do Not Disturb Mode
The steps in this guide were performed on an iPhone 7 Plus in iOS 12.3.1.
Step 1: Open the Settings menu.
Step 2: Scroll down and choose the Do Not Disturb option.
Step 3: Adjust the settings on this menu based on what you would like to happen when you put your iPhone into Do Not Disturb mode.
Additional Notes on the iPhone’s Do Not Disturb Mode
- Do Not Disturb is only active when the device screen is locked by default, but you can change the option to “Always” if you would prefer.
- There is a “Do Not Disturb While Driving” option that you can configure to activate manually, automatically, or when you connect to Bluetooth in your car.
- If you have the “Repeated Calls” option turned on then a second phone call from the same person within three minutes will not be silenced. This is helpful in the event of an emergency where someone needs to reach you.
- If you manually enable Do Not Disturb, then you will need to manually disable it to receive calls, notifications, and alerts as normal.
Did you know that you don’t need to manually update your apps? Find out how to get your iPhone to automatically download and install the updates for your apps.