- You will need to know the old screen time passcode to change the current one.
- This is only to change screen time settings. This won’t affect the passcode for signing into the iPhone.
- If you wish to change any of the screen time settings in the future you will need to know the new passcode that you’ve set.
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose the Screen Time option.
- Touch the Change Screen Time Passcode button.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the old passcode.
- Enter the new passcode.
- Re-enter the new passcode to confirm it.
The Screen Time feature on your iPhone 11 allows you to control much about what happens on the device.
Whether you want to restrict the amount of time that the device can be used, block certain apps, or block certain types of content, then Screen Time is the way to accomplish that.
But if you are setting up Screen Time on a child’s device, you may not want them to be able to change the settings you’ve created. In situations like this, setting a Screen Time passcode is beneficial.
But if they find out the passcode, or if you simply want to update it, then our tutorial below will show you how to change the Screen Time passcode on an iPhone 11.
How to Use a Different Screen Time Passcode on Your iPhone 11
The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 11 in iOS 13.3.1. Note that you need to have the old Screen Time passcode to change to a new one.
Step 1: Touch the Settings icon.
Step 2: Choose the Screen Time option.
Step 3: Select the Change Screen Time Passcode button.
Step 4: Tap Change Screen Time Passcode at the bottom of the screen.
Step 5: Enter the old passcode.
Step 6: Enter the new passcode.
Step 7: Confirm the new passcode.
Note that changing most of the settings on the Screen Time menu will require you to re-enter the passcode that you just created.
Find out why your iPhone screen isn’t turning off automatically when you haven’t interacted with the screen in a while.