The steps in this guide are going to show you how to download a YouTube video to your iPhone 11 using the YouTube app.
- You need YouTube Premium to download videos this way.
- Longer YouTube videos can take up a lot of space, so be sure you have enough available storage space for what you want to download.
- Downloading a YouTube video to your iPhone is a good way to be able to watch that video later when you may not have Internet access.
- You can delete downloaded YouTube videos by selecting the Library tab, choosing Downloads, then deleting the video.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Find the video that you want to download.
- Tap the Download button under the video.
Downloading streaming videos to your iPhone is great when you want to be able to watch something in a situation where you might not have Internet, or your connection is weak.
It’s also helpful to download videos on WiFi so that you can watch them when you’re on a cellular network and don’t want to use all of the data that video streaming requires.
One of the apps where you can download videos to your iPhone is the YouTube app. When you have YouTube Premium you have access to the download feature, allowing you to download the videos that you want.
How to Download YouTube Videos to Your iPhone
The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 11 in iOS 13.3.1. I am using the most current version of the YouTube app for this article.
As mentioned above you will need to have YouTube Premium, or sign up for YouTube Premium when prompted, to be able to download YouTube videos to your iPhone.
Step 1: Open the YouTube app.
Step 2: Find the video that you want to download.
Step 3: Touch the Download button under the video to download it.
If you don’t have YouTube Premium you will get a prompt to sign up after tapping the Download button.
Note that it can take a moment for your YouTube Premium to apply after signing up, so you may need to wait a bit, or restart the YouTube app.
Find out how to turn off restricted mode in YouTube so that you can watch videos that may be blocked by the restricted mode filter.